Microsoft has released service pack 3 for Office for Mac 2011.
One thing to note is that this update does not include an uninstall feature. To restore your application to its original state, you have to delete it from your hard disk, reinstall it from your original installation disk and then install the updates you want.
The article explains some steps to be taken if your application does not work the way it should after the upgrade.
- Make sure that the Microsoft Office 2011 folder is located in the Applications folder on the startup volume. If it is at another location on your computer, move it to the Applications folder on your startup volume, and then try installing the update again.
- Restart your computer and try installing the update again.
- Make sure that the user account you use to authenticate the update installer is an administrator account. For more information about administrator accounts, see Mac Help.
- Make sure that you downloaded the correct language version of the update for your copy of Office.
- If you rename or modify any of the files in the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, you cannot install product updates. To correct this issue, drag the Microsoft Office 2011 folder to the Trash, and then reinstall Office 2011 from your original installation disk.
- If you experience problems opening Office applications after you install this update, restart your computer. If you continue to experience problems after you restart, reinstall Office from your original installation disk, and then install this update again.
Download the service pack here